Providing a world class Talent Pathway for cricketers in NSW and the ACT
Cricket Australia, Cricket NSW and Cricket ACT are embarking on an exciting new partnership that breaks new ground in Australian cricket, aligning resources and programs with the ambition of providing a world class Talent Pathway.
The pathway focuses on the production of male and female players for Australian cricket and consists of a range of components:
- Exposing players with First Class potential to national carnivals
- Introduction of State Challenge competitions from U/13 to U/19
- Expansion of the Academy program to include more players and more coaches
- Introduction of the Overage Academy to support the next generation of State and BBL cricketers
- Providing a clearer pathway for the development of coaches and umpires
The partnership will result in significantly increased opportunities for the best players and significantly increased investment in the NSW/ACT Talent Pathway by Cricket Australia and Cricket NSW.