The best young talent from across regional NSW will be on show in Tamworth next week when the McDonald’s Country Colts tournament begins on Monday and runs through to Thursday.
Teams from the eight NSW regional zones will field their most impressive under 18 cricketers.
The best players from the tournament will be chosen in the Under 19s state challenge next season and eventually be considered for selection in the ACT/NSW Country under 19 squad.
The current holders of the Hughes Lilienthal Shield are ACT Southern.
Exciting young players on show include:
- Blake Nikitaris (ACT Southern), a top order batman
- Will Fort (Central Northern), a top order batman who was one of the leading run scorers in AW Green Shield (U16) last season
- Caelan Maladay (North Coastal), a strapping fast bowler
- Broc Hardy (Central Coast), a classy top order batman
- Tane Nunn (Illawarra), an aggressive batsman
- Josh Claridge (Newcastle), the top scoring batsman from Bradman Cup (U16) last year
- Josh Staines (Riverina), a classy wicketkeeper who is an ACT/NSW Country representative
- Broc Larance (Western), a big hitting batsman who played for the CA XII in the Under 17 National Championships
For McDonald’s Country Colts draw and match results visit: www.ccnsw.nsw.cricket.com.au