NSW cricket clubs, associations and local councils are encouraged to apply for part of the $6 million in funds made available through the upcoming ICC World T20 tournament in 2020.
Minister for Sport Stuart Ayres said: “This fund has been established to inspire the next generation of cricketers by improving the quality and quantity of community facilities and will help attract elite cricket matches to regional NSW.
“The NSW Government is leading the way in its support of women’s sport in Australia and this fund will also improve participation pathways for female cricketers.”
Funding is available for projects that seek to improve cricket facilities, improve female participation pathways and ensure that regional NSW locations meet requirements to host elite state and national level events.
In the ‘Female Program and Resources’ category, examples of applications could include (but not limited to):
• Coaching sessions for all girls in an association i.e. pre-season, holiday camps, weekly coaching for girls teams (CNSW can assist with finding coaches)
• Coaches to assist with promotions at local schools e.g. after school clinics coaching (playing recognised CNSW formats and supported by CNSW staff)
• Coaching courses for females or those coaching females e.g. Level 2 approx. $800 pp
• Umpires courses
• Equipment for club teams - bats, balls, protective equipment, helmets, wicket keeping pads
• Equipment for training e.g. bowling machines, stumps, training aids
• Travel for regional teams for district competitions
• Venue hire costs for training and games
• Uniforms / team kit
• Marketing / promotions
Clubs and associations seeking funding in the ‘Female Program and Resources’ or ‘Infrastructure’ category are also encouraged to apply to Cricket Australia’s Growing Cricket for Girls Fund (currently open) and CNSW Facility Grants Program (opening in July) as part of their co-contribution to the World T20 Legacy Fund.
For more information on the Growing Cricket for Girls Fund, please visit http://community.cricket.com.au/clubs/a-sport-for-all/growing-cricket-for-girls
Applications to the World T20 Legacy Fund close Friday, 20 July 2018.
Should you wish to discuss your project or funding opportunity, please contact email@example.com.