All the key information you need to know ahead of the 2020-21 Marsh Sheffield Shield Final between the NSW Blues and hosts Queensland at Brisbane’s Allan Border Field:
- The match starts at 9:30am (AEST) on Thursday with a toss and teams confirmed at 8.45am.
- Live on Kayo Sports, Fox Cricket and ABC Grandstand radio.
- The Blues are seeking to defend their title and go back-to-back for the first time since the 1993/94 season.
- NSW have lost only three of their last 14 Sheffield Shield matches outside their home state.
- Sean Abbott has hit 20 sixes during this season’s Sheffield Shield which is the most by any player in the campaign and seven more than any other player.
- Trent Copeland has the highest dot ball percentage (83%) of any player to bowl at least 150 overs in the 2020/21 Sheffield Shield. He is two wickets away from passing Stuart MacGill and moving into third on the all-time list of Sheffield Shield wicket takers for NSW. He also needs seven wickets to reach 400 First Class scalps.
- Peter Nevill is just one run away from 5,000 Sheffield Shield runs.
The Blues need to win on first innings bonus points or outright to claim the Sheffield Shield for a record 48th time.
Follow scores at cricket.com.au.
Points system -
- 6 points for an outright win
- 1 point for a draw
- 0.01 of a bonus point for every run over 200 scored during the first 100 overs of the team's first innings
- 0.1 of a bonus point for every wicket a team takes during the first 100 overs of their opponent's first innings
NSW Blues Marsh Sheffield Shield Final squad
vs. Queensland, Allan Border Field, Brisbane
April 15-19, 2021