Active Kids Program Instructions for Clubs
Active Kids Voucher Woolworths Cricket Blast
Parents, guardians and carers can now apply for one voucher per calendar year for each student enrolled in school to be used for registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and active recreation activities.
Cricket NSW communicated with all affiliated Clubs, Associations and Woolworths Cricket Blast Centres using the MyCricket system in November of last year to ensure that the NSW Office of Sport was able to upload accurate information and record these Clubs as registered activity providers able to redeem rebates from eligible players up to the value of $100.
What does your Club or Association need to do?
- Clubs and Associations, as well Woolworths Cricket Blast Centres, should have received communications from a "Service NSW" email address last week, with advice that their details have been uploaded onto the Service NSW portal and instructions on how to activate as a registered provider. The email address that received this communication is the email address that needs to be entered on the Service NSW website. If you did not receive this email or are unsure which email address has been registered, please email email@example.com
- For any Clubs, Associations, or Woolworths Cricket Blast Centres that did not receive this email, an instructional video on how to activate as a registered provider can be found by clicking on this link. The key steps being:
- Click on the following link https://my.service.nsw.gov.au/login/ or go to service.nsw.gov.au and click LOG IN from the menu at the top of the page
- If you already have a personal Service NSW account that uses the aforementioned email address, you may log in. If you do not, leave the email address field blank and click "Forgot password?". Enter the email address, click the checkbox, then click NEXT. A security code will be sent to your email address or mobile phone. Type the code in the box then click ENTER. Type in a password of your choosing and click NEXT.
- Accept the terms and conditions by clicking AGREE.
- Click My Account at the top of the page and accept the further terms and conditions by clicking AGREE. If you don't see this second set of terms and conditions, you may need to first click on either the Active Kids tab or the Active Kids Dashboard tile.
- Your Club, Association, or Woolworths program will now be ready to redeem vouchers*
*Please note: As per all standard MyCricket Online Payments, all payments received (including payments using the ‘Active Kids’ voucher) are processed via Cricket Australia before being disbursed to Clubs and Associations. This removes any risk of fraud for Clubs and Associations from people attempting to use invalid and previously used ‘Active Kids’ vouchers. Clubs and Associations will then be forwarded all relevant funds the following week directly into their account.
How will the voucher redemption process work?
- Parents of enrolled school children will need to go to the Active Kids program section of the Service NSW homepage and click “Apply for a voucher”. This process requires the parent to create a Service NSW personal account if they haven’t already got one. From there they will be able to obtain one voucher code per child.
- Cricket NSW is supporting a fully automated voucher redemption system meaning that vouchers can only be redeemed via PlayCricket and the MyCricket Online Registration and Payments system.
- Functionality for voucher redemption on Woolworths Cricket Blast program registrations is now available. Parents will register their child/children via PlayCricket as per usual, however at the payment screen they will have an option to enter a voucher code to receive a rebate up to the value of $100.
- The MyCricket system will then check whether the voucher code is valid and whether it has already been previously redeemed.
- At the point of sale, parents will pay the registration fee, less the value of the voucher. This amount will then be centrally collected by Cricket Australia before the voucher amount is reconciled by Service NSW and then the registration amount (the amount paid by the parent, plus the value of the voucher redeemed, minus the cost of the participant pack) is disbursed to the Club or Association the following week as per the usual process. However, disbursements may take longer than normal during the first month of the program.
- Due to the timing of the ‘Active Kids’ program and the lack of cricket competitions commencing in February, voucher redemptions for general Club Cricket registrations will be made available in the near future. Clubs or Associations will need to create online registration products and online registration forms on MyCricket to enable this.
Parents, Clubs or Associations experiencing difficulties with negotiating the Service NSW website or onboarding process can contact Service NSW on 13 77 88