COVID-19 Latest Updates
Update – 25 February 2022
The NSW Government has announced that from Friday 25 February 2022 the below COVID settings will be eased. Read announcement HERE.
Based upon the amended Public Health Order that came into effect across New South Wales (NSW) on Friday 25 February 2022, Cricket NSW wishes to advise that:
- You are no longer required to be fully vaccinated or carry vaccination evidence to participate in Cricket activities in NSW.
- Community sports, including matches, competitions, and training, can take place for all staff, spectators, and participants.
- Mask use is no longer required for sport-related activities, including indoor settings, although they are strongly advised where social distancing (1.5 metres) isn’t possible.
- However, the sporting community must be aware that face masks will still be required on public transport and public transport waiting areas; taxis, buses and shared ride services; planes; and indoors at airports; public hospitals; private health facilities; residential aged care facilities; or hostels and indoor music festivals with more than 1000 people.
- Gyms and indoor recreation facilities can continue to operate with no person or capacity limits in place, including group fitness classes. There is no requirement for QR Code check-in for any Cricket related activity.
- If you have COVID, are waiting for a PCR result, or are categorised a close contact, the cricket community and community at large must follow the protocols as set out by NSW Health.
Click HERE for more information.
25 February 2022